Peggy is a force of nature. She is not one singular person, but rather the culmination millions of incredible women; those who fight for equality, question the status-quo, push boundaries, and rise up.
In choosing the name “Peggy” we drew inspiration from many inspiring women throughout history.
Peggy is part:
- 👩💼Peggy Olson: Fictional character from MadMen and all around female badass who challenged gender roles and fought for her piece of the male dominated advertising world.
- 👩🎨Peggy Guggenheim: Patron of the arts, art advocate, and self-made millionaire who amassed one of the world’s foremost collections of art.
- 👩⚖️Peggy Noonan: Recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and a Peabody Award for her contributions to the Children’s Television Act.
- 👩🚀Peggy Whitson: NASA’s most experienced female astronaut, and the first female commander of the International Space Station.
- 👩💻Peggy Orenstein: New York Times bestselling author, award-winning journalist, and internationally recognized speaker on issues affecting girls and women. She was recognized by The Columbia Journalism Review as one of its “40 Women Who Changed the Media Business in the Past 40 Years.”
- 👩🎤Peggy Lee: Singer, songwriter, composer, and actress whose career spanned six decades. She was nominated for twelve Grammy Awards, inducted into the songwriters hall of fame, and received the Living Legacy Award from the Women's International Center.
Peggy is our persona.
Peggy is our muse.
Peggy is you!
by Missy Boucher
Missy Boucher is a 20-something artist living in Charlottesville, Virginia. She works on conservation programs in Southern Africa to save our planet’s animals and open spaces. She paints for enjoyment. Always with wine.